Jerome has worked in re-entry programming for 15 years. Experience includes: Currently the Statewide Director for EXPO (EX-Incarcerated People Organizing), an organization that advocate for formerly and currently incarcerated people be treated with dignity and respect, and upon re-entry, resources and support systems are available to assist individuals with successful community integration.
Previous roles –
- Worked as the Dane County Re-Entry Coordinator
- Created Transition from Jail to Community (TJC) model for Dane County; that reintegrated individuals from jail to the community is a collective responsibility of both the jail system and the community.
- Worked as Human Services Program Coordinator/Recovery Support Specialist at Wisconsin Resource Center, a maximum Security mental health and AODA prison operated by DHS (Dept. of Health Service) Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (DMHSAS)
- Collaborated with staff to facilitate WRC Inmate recovery activities
- Provide recommendations to Clinical Director to enhance inmate involvement.
- Develop and facilitated peer support groups for inmates.
- Currently a member of DOC Council on Offender Re-Entry Committee (2008-Current).