Join the Liberated Intellects program – https://liberatedintellects.wisc.edu/
The Liberated Intellects (LI) program prepares formerly incarcerated individuals to navigate the college application process. The program is available for free and is intended to serve the community in the most accessible way possible. Participants will meet weekly to enjoy a meal together and then participate in a workshop inspired by the program leader’s own transformative experiences in college as a previously incarcerated student.
We will help you:
• Find the right college for you and your goals
• Fill out your college application
• Understand and fill out your financial aid forms
• Write resumes and personal statements
• Develop your professional communication skills, general computer/email/internet skills, and writing skills
• Talk about your former incarceration on college applications and interviews
• And much more! We are building a community of support that will be here to answer all your questions along the way.
• Formerly incarcerated individual
• Intent or interest to apply to college
• Live in the Madison area or within close commuting distance
• Available for two hours in-person on Monday evenings 6-8 p.m. for eight weeks
• From: October 17 — December 12, 2022